Skip to main content

Fines for misconduct

The department of corrections shall adopt rules and regulations to establish a system for punishing prisoner misconduct through the imposition of fines to be deducted from compensation earned as provided by W.S. 7-16-203. The rules shall provide for the distribution of the proceeds of fines collected under this section as special aid to discharged or paroled prisoners who are infirm or in any way incapable of earning a sufficient subsistence after their release.

Criminal garnishment

(1) If a convicted person is unable to pay all court costs, fees, fines, and other monetary penalties at the time of sentencing, then the sentencing court may, consistent with KRS 23A.205, 24A.175, 534.020, and KRS 534.060, issue a criminal garnishment order for all fines under KRS Chapter 534 or KRS 49.480 and for court costs, restitution, and reimbursement charges in this chapter.

State Income Tax Refund Offsets - Restitution - Definitions

In any case in which a defendant has an unsatisfied restitution obligation ordered pursuant to section 18-1.3-603 or 19-2-918, C.R.S., the judicial department is authorized to transmit data concerning the obligation to the department of revenue for the purpose of conducting a data match and offsetting the restitution obligation against a state income tax refund pursuant to section 39-21-108 (3), C.R.S. For any restitution obligation identified by the judicial department for offset, the state court administrator shall: (a)  On at least an annual basis, certify to the department of revenue th

Agreement for assignment and distribution of wages of offender; schedule of restitution.  

Once the Director determines that restitution voluntarily offered by the offender can be made, the Director shall attempt to negotiate and enter into an agreement with the offender which provides for an assignment to the Department of all wages which the offender earns: 1.  To make restitution payments: (a) To the victims of any crime for which the offender is incarcerated and for which an amount of restitution was set pursuant to NRS 176.033; and (b) For expenses related to extradition in accordance with NRS 179.225; 2.  To reimburse the Department in part for its costs

Payment of restitution from civil judgment or settlement in favor of defendant and against State, political subdivision, officer, employee or contractor.

1.  Except as otherwise provided in subsection 4, if a person who is or was imprisoned in the state prison or a county or city jail or detention facility is awarded a judgment against: (a) The State of Nevada, a county or a city; (b) A department, commission, board or other agency of the State of Nevada, a county or a city; or (c) A current or former officer, employee or contractor of the State of Nevada, a county or a city, arising from a civil action that accrued while the person was imprisoned in the state prison or county or city jail or detention facility, the person or g

 Collection fee for unpaid administrative assessment, fine, fee or restitution; use of collection agency; report to credit agencies; civil judgment; attachment or garnishment; suspension of driver's license; imprisonment

3.  The court may, on its own motion or at the request of a state or local entity that is responsible for collecting the delinquent fine, administrative assessment, fee or restitution, take any or all of the following actions, in the following order of priority if practicable: (a) Enter a civil judgment for the amount due in favor of the state or local entity that is responsible for collecting the delinquent fine, administrative assessment, fee or restitution.

Funds of defendant — Order for reimbursement — Applicability — Credit against lien

If the court finds that funds are available for payment from or on behalf of a defendant to carry out, in whole or in part, the provisions of this chapter, the court may order that the funds be paid, as court costs or as a condition of probation, to the court for deposit with the county or municipal treasurer, to be placed in the county or municipal general fund or in the public defender fund in those counties establishing the office pursuant to subdivision 23A-40-7(1) as a reimbursement to the county or municipality to carry out the provisions of this section.